Monday, September 21, 2009

Ginter box highlights

I finished up my first box of Allen and Ginter the other night and I wanted to share with everyone some of my high lights from the box.

But first I wanted to add a little music to this post. I had always liked this band in the mid to late '90's and I think it would be appropriate music for Allen and Ginter. I hope this link stays up for a while, I'd hate to have a broken link in my post.


It sort of makes me feel old to listen to this music. I really liked the Squirrel Nut Zippers at that time. I only had two of their CD's. I need to go out and buy some more of their music.


On with the Ginter!!


First of all I pulled another Van Gogh. This time a mini, which was cool. I wish I could have pulled a black bordered version. As it is I got a good Van Gogh box.


I got this really nice Kershaw card as well as this...


Matt Holliday card. I was looking forward to finally getting these two as I love the way they look when I saw everybody's scans of those two cards.


I love the horizontal cards. Most of them seem to be of action shots.


I actually pulled 4 relics. I was prepared to receive anywhere from 2-4 based on what I had read on the blogs.


The Donald Veal silk card is cool. It's my second silk card, the other being a Chase Utley. Actually all of these relic cards are cool in my book.


Most of the relic cards I have use different photos than the base card. With the exception of the Veal card.



I thought it was because they were all horizontal and that's why they used a vertical card for the relics and auto's, but I think it's because Veal is a rookie.



I was really happy to get the Jermaine Dye card.



His base card was one of the first cards I pulled out of my first ever pack of '09 Ginter.



Another card I was hoping to get was the Sitting Bull. I had pulled a couple of other wild west cards, and I really like the way he is captured in this card.




The only black bordered mini in the entire box, but it's a good one. I like the pose and the expression. (only 298 more black bordered minis to go!! Almost there.)


After ripping open the twenty four packs that only leaves me with about 106 more cards to go to finish the 1-350 card set.


I still need a lot more minis like the hoaxes and national heroes.



I'm left with a bunch of doubles. I've updated my want/trade list so if anybody needs any ginter I've got some to trade. The only thing I haven't updated yet is my mini needs and trade list. I know I have a national hero and maybe a few hoaxes, and mini base cards that are doubles.

I'm going to leave you with another song from the Squirrel Nut Zippers. This is a song off of their 1998 album Perennial Favorites titled "The Ghost of Stephen Foster". It's got really nice animation in the style of 20's and 30's cartoons complete with dancing mice and a Betty Boop-esque character patterned after the female singer from the band.


No comments: