Thursday, September 16, 2010

High atop Mt. Fuji

No, I don't actually want to "mount" Mr. Fuji. He seems like a pretty sexy guy though, but I ain't goin' there. I know he's hot because of his personalized card that he sent with my contest winnings.

I really wish I could come up with something cool like this for my packages that I send out. I think I might have gotten the facismile auto rather than a real 1/1. Maybe if I bribe him with some cards he'll send one over.

As most of you know already, he organized a contest a few weeks ago and decided to give out consolation prizes to multiple winners.

As part of his contest he also had multiple questions that the applicants had to answer. I guess he was influenced by his day job as a teacher. (a noble profession by the way.)



I was awarded some packs of 4400, a TV show that I actually know nothing about.


It didn't matter though, I ripped through them examining each card. Here's a cool subset called "Ripples". I pulled a few of these.

They are nice enough. If you look at them from an angle the ripples look like they are 3-D.

Like I said, I haven't seen this show, but from the cards it looks interesting enough. Maybe I'll Youtube it some day.

In addition to the winnings he sent over some random(or not so random) assortment of Packers and Mets cards.

I don't have a lot of these 2006 football cards so it was nice to get some more in trades.

A nice Aaron Rodgers card. I was lucky enough to pick him as my QB in BA Benny's Card Collectors of the Gridiron fantasy football league. In reality Aaron is going to have to do a lot more these days; it looks like running back Ryan Grant is out for the season. Horrible. I really like to watch him play. Actually I like to watch all the RB's play.

The old guy. At least he's wearing the correct uniform. I still can't imagine him in the Vikings uniform. It's weird. But I like the card though.

It wouldn't be a trade post without at least one Mets card.
A 2005 Turkey Red of NY Mets catcher Gary Carter. A pretty nice card. I didn't realize that they had Turkey Red in 2005. I know about 09 and 10 obviously and the 2007 cards, but I didn't realize they were doing this in 2005. Turkey Reds are always cool.


I try to keep up with the Dodgers too, and this is a cool albeit weird card of Darryl Strawberry.


There are a lot of things to like about this card, but the main one for me is that it's a drawn card rather than a photo card.

Thanks for the cool cards. It was nice of you to make us all winners.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Fuji has a pretty cool card to add in with his packages. That's a nice touch.

Jeremy said...

yeah, it's a good idea. Plus he lists all the stuff that he is collecting and how to get ahold of him as well.