Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trades from JD's Wild Cardz

The baseball card Santa showed up at my house the other day. I received a package of cards from Mike over at JD's Wild Cardz. He was very cool to send me a bunch of Mets and Turkey Reds that I wanted as well as a lot of other stuff I wasn’t counting on, but were really appreciated.


This is my first Bowman card. It’s a really nice rendition of Johan, my favorite Met. These Bowman cards are pretty cool. I like how this card is divided into thirds, with the dirt, grass and signature part of the card as the dividing lines.



He also sent me some cool Upper Deck cards from 2004. The colors are really vibrant and are reproduced well on the card.



I haven’t had a chance to buy any Upper Decks yet and I was surprised how thick they felt. This Robin Ventura card is really nice. There aren’t any huge borders that distract from the main photo and I really like that the bottom border is slightly transparent.




Here is a Matthew Kemp card. I didn’t know that he’s from Midwest City, Oklahoma. Just right up the road from me. He was nicknamed "the bison" from Atlanta Braves announcer Don Sutton during a game between the Dodgers and the Braves.
Thanks, again for the cool cards, I hope you like the ones I sent you.

No comments: