Friday, June 11, 2010

Fighting the doldrums

The past few weeks I've tried to fight off the doldrums in my collecting habits. I'm still going after some old stuff and not really into the newer products. I actually like the base cards from Bowman so I might have to buy a pack or two of those sometime. I haven't seen any series two yet, and I'm not so into Heritage or any of the other stuff out there now. I've tried breaking out of the rut and grabbing some lots off of ebay, but even that doesn't really get me going right now.

The best way I know to pull off the doldrums is to a little trading.

I came across a relatively new blog: Baseball Obsession-itis. and I asked if Kelly was interested in trading.

She is a big Boston Red Sox fan and had some cool stuff for me and I some random stuff to send over to her.

First off some 2009 Allen and Ginter.

I'm still trying to finish off these black bordered minis. Occasionally I have second thoughts about trying to finish this set off, but I try to suppress the voices in my head as much as I can.

She also sent over a few code cards. I have quite a few of these,but not nearly enough for the whole set. I'm still iffy on trying to finish this one off.


She sent over some base cards and some other A&G minis. I've spent more time tracking down the minis instead of focusing on the base set. I still need about 7 SP's and 3 or 4 base cards. This trade knocks down a few of those of the want list.


My favorite of the bunch is the Heritage card.

I've been coveting this card for a while since I've seen it on the blogs.


Pretty cool. This one's going in the wacky names binder page. I only have a few cards so far in that page. This will go after Felix Pie and before Oil Can Boyd. Nice. My first Bastardo! Hopefully they'll be more to come later. I might have to become a Bastardo collector. I think I've found a new put down for people: "you're a real bastardo."

Thanks for the cards!

2 comments:

Collective Troll said...

I love the Bastardo! Awesome!

Jeremy said...

He he. Yeah I love the Bastardo too.