Thursday, June 10, 2010

I've got Ginter on my mind

I've got Ginter! I've got Ginter all on my mind....
I've got Ginter... I've got Ginter all on my mind.
Running down to the card store,buy the first box that I see
I got the blues about last years short prints and this box better be kind to me



That doesn't roll off the tongue like I thought it would. I'm not much of a lyricist. I really need to dig out the guitar and try to play some blues. It's been too long since I played. Playing acoustic guitar in a faux delta blues style and mumbling incoherently might work better than just typing out random Ginter inspired lyrics.


Wouldn't it be cool if they had a mini set or some base cards dedicated to the old blues musicians.
I did a couple of quick and dirty photoshop jobs in the new (old) Ginter style.


This one would be a lot better if I would have finished it, but you get the idea. Maybe a "Worlds Famous Musicians" or "Most Influential Musicians" subset written above the top would be nice looking. I'm too lazy and not quite talented enough to pull that off.

Oh crap! I forgot to put the little nameplate thing on the bottom too. Oh well.


I know one of the main reasons why it would be tough to do. Just doing a search for photos of Robert Johnson pulled up lots of interesting articles about copyright infringement and all sorts of copyright claims from heirs and supposed heirs and unscrupulous people taking advantage of people.

I really hope by lifting these photos for my blog I don't fall into the category of unscrupulous anii that are taking advantage of people.


Anyway, this is my long-winded way off saying that I've thrown my hat into the Gint-A-Cuffs2 Old Planter Boogaloo.

The real minis look really cool this year and it'll be hard for me to resist trying to collect all the black bordered minis like last year. I wasn't as proactive with that one, so I'm still on the look out for any minis from last year that I can find. I really like the way the black bordered variations look from last year and in this years product.

Good luck to all the other participants.

I have a real good feeling talking to you on the blog.
(Elmore James lyric)

Thanks for reading.

No comments: