Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Joy of a Completed Page- Courtesy of Hey That's Mine blog


I received my contest winning from the Hey That's Mine,Big D Custom Card contest today.

I'm really pleased with the way the card turned out.

I had requested an Adrian Peterson card featuring AD in his college uniform.


I was glad that their were no shenanigans regarding the uniform. Haha. I half way expected to see Adrian in a different jersey ala the Derek Jeter Red Sox fake error card from Heritage High Numbers, but thank goodness their were no variations to the uniform.

He made a joke during the contest that he might have to sneak a Longhorn in the card and he did. If you look closely at A.D.'s left shoulder you can see a Texas Longhorn logo on the helmet of the player trying to catch Peterson.

That means this photo was taken either in 2004 or 2006 as those were the years that we were the "home" team.

In 2004 we won, but in 2006 we lost. I can't really tell what year from the card, but I'm guessing 2006, because it was rainy and wet in 2004. I could be wrong though. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me. I love the card no matter what. It's cool that it depicts an action shot.

Also, it allows me to post up my first ever Joy of a Completed Page blog post:




I have about 3 and half pages dedicated to Adrian. One for the Topps base, Upper Deck base and then one solely for the chrome cards. This page is dedicated to cards featuring the college uniform.

Thanks very much for the card, Big D. Many thanks for hosting the contest too.


Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

BigD said...

Glad you liked the card. I actually didn't realize the longhorn was visible until I was done. I'm glad it was though!

Play at the Plate said...

Great custom card. Big D knows what he's doing!

Jeremy said...

Yeah, he's pretty good at the custom card thing,Brian. I'm glad I won this contest.

Thanks again, Big D!

Collective Troll said...

That is awesome!!! Thats the first Big D College Football card that I have seen and I like it! Not a football fan, but since my Son goes to OU I will say Go Sooners!

Jeremy said...

Cool! We can always use more support. Especially after last years abomination of a season.

That's cool that your son goes to OU. If you guys ever need anything let me know.

SpastikMooss said...

Beautiful card! Nice choice for a player to custom, and Big D came through again as usual!

Jeremy said...

Yeah, It was a no-brainer for me. I had to have AD as my choice.